Our Management Team
IT relationship and recruitment specialist with extensive global experience in Financial Services including Corporate and Investment Banking.
Focused on the Banking Technology sector for over 20 years in both the UK and New Zealand, I am thoroughly familiar with business IT requirements and what it takes to deliver successfully against them. While I have a technical background with various Microsoft Certifications, my real talent lies in managing and understanding people. As a Senior Technology Analyst at Citi, I was promoted to manage the technology relationship to the EMEA Global Transaction Services division (annual revenues over US$1 Billion). It was there that I found my passion building relationships with key business stakeholders making sure the right people were engaged at the right time and ensuring technology delivered consistently against business requirements.
Following a relocation to New Zealand, I worked for ASB Bank as a Technology Business Partner managing the technology relationship with the parent bank Commonwealth Bank of Australia, and other internal business units. Additionally, I had responsibility for Credit Card technology operations, Cloud governance and strategy.
I founded UK IT Careers in 2010 as a bespoke digital recruitment and career consultancy specialising in the sourcing of New Zealand and Australian IT Professionals for work in the UK. Going full time in June 2016 I now work in partnership with a UK Consulting firm targeting high calibre hard to find candidates to fill skills shortage areas, suitable for Tier 2 visa sponsorship. Additionally, I recruit skilled New Zealand and Australian Working Holiday candidates for IT Contracts in the greater London area. To date I have had a 100% success rate finding the right jobs for the right people.
More information can be found at www.ukitcareers.co.nz
Previous experience and achievements:
Technology Business Partner ASB Bank, Auckland, NZ
July 2010 – June 2016, 6 years:
- Managed technology relationship between ASB and parent company Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Managed technology relationship with ASB’s Institutional Banking, Wealth and Insurance businesses
- Technology Service Owner of bank’s credit card operations division
- Technology Service Owner for Cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) implementations and ongoing management
Vice President Technology Infrastructure to Global Transaction Services EMEA at Citi, London, 3 years:
- Primary technology interface to 12 business units within Citi’s Global Transaction Services business in EMEA (annual revenues US$1Billion)
- Oversaw all infrastructure related production outages. Reduced overall volume of infrastructure outages by 33% year on year.
- Implemented region wide financial saves program. Realised savings of 10% pa over 2 years.
- Improved business perception of technology through strengthening of internal communications.
Senior Technology Analyst to European Investment Bank, EMEA at Citi, London, 6 years
- Completed technology systems integration following company merger in UK, Spain and Portugal.
- Redesigned, rebuilt and upgraded technology infrastructure for Citigroup offices in Russia, Poland and Israel.
- Created technology platform for South African Investment Banking acquisition.
- Provided operational support to London Investment Banking Offices, with sole technical responsibility for Moscow, Warsaw, Johannesburg and Tel Aviv.
IT Consultant, Clemenger BBDO, Auckland NZ, 1 year
IT Consultant, Nomura Research Institute, London, 1 year
IT Consultant UBS, London, 1 year
Bachelor of Commerce (Auckland University, 1995)